Company: Black Mothers Breastfeeding Association (BMBFA)
Work Location: Hybrid (Detroit)
Posting Date: November 16, 2023
Closing Date: December 7, 2023
Start Date: January 8, 2024 or sooner
Application Instructions: Apply here.
The Program Manager for Black Mothers’ Breastfeeding Association (BMBFA) provides programmatic support to BMBFA’s Services.
Black Mothers Breastfeeding Association is a non-profit 501(c)3 community-based organization with strong ties to the Detroit community. BMBFA’s mission is to reduce racial inequities in breastfeeding support for Black families. BMBFA optimizes the first food experience through direct service, training, advocacy and MCH Technology.
About the Role
Black Mothers Breastfeeding Association (BMBFA) is seeking a part-time program associate who is responsible for furthering the day-to-day tasks that advance the mission, goals, and services of BMBFA. The program associate performs basic administrative duties such as answering phones and emails, electronic filing, note taking, data entry, and managing schedules. The program associate also supports the coordination, operation, and execution of the organization’s projects and programs.
- Support programmatic coordination, operation, and execution of BMBFA’s services.
- Assist with building and maintaining professional relationships with various stakeholders.
- Support virtual and physical office management and administrative duties.
- Organize and coordinate agency meetings and calendars.
- Take notes during meetings.
- Sort mail and prepare packages for shipment.
- Assist with communication strategies and messaging.
- Perform other duties relevant to the organization, as assigned.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate has advanced communication skills, including oral, writing, and interpersonal skills. The candidate is highly organized and self-motivated; is able to work independently and within a team dynamic; and can take direction by using active listening skills, having situational awareness, and thinking critically. The candidate must be adept at learning new software, programs, and able to adapt to new technology.
Education and Experience
- Experience as a program associate or equivalent
- Experience using Google Workspace or Google Drive, Canva, Monday.com, JotForm, Zapier, DocuSign, Tovuti, WordPress, Zoom, ClickSend and Constant Contact; OR similar software/programs
- Minimum associates degree; relevant areas (liberal arts, business administrative office management, non-profit management, general studies, business, healthcare education/administration, public health, African American/women’s studies, anthropology, or similar)
- $22 per hour
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance available
- Simple IRA retirement
- 2% Simple IRA employer contribution
- 529 college savings plan
- Life insurance
- Supportive supervision
- Family-friendly work policies
- Mileage reimbursement
- 40 hours paid time off
- Remote, in-office, and in the field