Company: Black Mothers’ Breastfeeding Association (BMBFA)
Work Location: Hybrid (Detroit) or Virtual
Posting Date: November 16, 2023
Closing Date: December 7, 2023
Start Date: January 8, 2024 or sooner
Application Instructions: Apply here.
The Program and Platform Support Manager for Black Mothers’ Breastfeeding Association (BMBFA) provides leadership, management, communication, technical expertise, and strategy for BMBFA’s national and technological programs.
Black Mothers Breastfeeding Association is a non-profit 501(c)3 community-based organization with strong ties to the Detroit community. BMBFA’s mission is to reduce racial inequities in breastfeeding support for Black families. BMBFA optimizes the first food experience through direct service, training, advocacy and MCH Technology.
About the Role
Black Mothers Breastfeeding Association (BMBFA) is seeking a highly skilled and tech-savvy Program Manager with a proven track record of successfully managing multiple programs and juggling competing responsibilities. In this role, you will: (i) meaningfully contribute to the reduction of racial disparities in breastfeeding and maternal child health outcomes for Black families; (ii) help lead an organization that provides its communities with the education, resources, and support to make impactful change, and; (iii) be supported by dedicated program staff and executive leadership.
- Lead, coordinate and collaborate with diverse teams to plan and execute programs.
- Serve as point contact for the BMBFA B’Right Hub, Birth & Breastfeeding Conference, Black Breastfeeding Caucus, and the Birth & Breastfeeding Leadership Institute.
- Provide leadership in strategizing, planning, developing, and implementing the activities of the Birth and Breastfeeding Leadership Institute.
- Co-lead the planning, coordination and execution of the annual Birth & Breastfeeding Conference.
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of the Black Breastfeeding Caucus.
- Liaise between product development team, end users and beta testers for the BMBFA B’Right Hub by tracking progress of app features and bug reports, and to communicate resolution priority and timeline.
- Streamline program operations by leveraging technologies such as Monday.com, Trello, Slack, Figma, Zapier, etc.
- Configure LMS (Tovuti) and event management software (Whova).
- Provide quality assurance testing for the design, development, and improvement of a mobile app (BMBFA B’Right Hub), LMS (Tovuti), event management software (Whova) and websites (wordpress).
- Track data and monitor progress; and create regular reports for programs.
- Build and sustain meaningful relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
- Serve as a member of field-related advisory and/or ad-hoc committees; or similar.
- Contribute to a consistent communication’s plan (thought leadership, content calendar, traditional/social media, web calendar, mass text, etc.).
- Attend educational workshops, conferences and trainings for professional development and career growth.
- Other related duties as assigned by administration.
The Program and Platform Support Manager is expected to build positive working relationships with product developers, funders, contractors, staff and program participants utilizing exceptional communication skills. They will speak, listen, present, and write in a clear, thoughtful, thorough, and timely manner, tailoring communication style and messaging as appropriate for the audience. To be successful in this role, it is imperative that the candidate is a tech enthusiast with demonstrated expertise in planning, strategizing, organizing, and managing programs.
The Ideal Candidate
- is eager to make a long-term commitment to a community-based organization.
- desires to work in an intimate setting.
- is an experienced professional, fostering teamwork by working cooperatively and effectively with others, setting goals, resolving problems, and making decisions that enhance program effectiveness.
- is intellectually nimble; will take initiative as a self-starter and leverage new and existing tools to solve problems, express creativity, and show great attention to detail.
- must be an advanced user of high technology programs and softwares.
- takes pride in their work and the results they achieve.
- appreciates being challenged and learning new things on a regular basis.
Lived Experience (preferred)
- Breastfeeding / breast pumping experience
Education and Experience
- B.A. in related field; human-centered design and development, information technology, business management, health education, community health, advocacy and social justice, public health, project management, non-profit management, or similar
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in management and related field
- Deep understanding of the principles of racial equity/justice
- Deep understanding of community-centered approaches
- Successful grant writing and reporting experience; foundation and/or government
- Skilled in project management tools (Monday.com, Trello, Slack, Figma, Zapier, etc.); or a demonstrated ability to learn new platforms quickly
- Skilled with LMS and event management tools (Tovuti, Whova, Zoom); or a demonstrated ability to learn new platforms quickly
- Skilled using Google Workspace or Google Drive, Canva, Zapier, DocuSign, WordPress, ClickSend and Constant Contact; OR similar software/programs
- $62,400 – $68,640 annual salary ??(commensurate with education and experience)
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Simple IRA retirement
- 2% Simple IRA employer contribution
- 529 college savings plan
- Health FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Supportive supervision
- Family-friendly work environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- 10 days paid time off
- Virtual or hybrid
- Occasional in-state and out-of-state travel