Job Title: Program Associate (part-time, hourly)
Company: Black Mothers’ Breastfeeding Association (BMBFA)
Work Location: Hybrid – Virtual and Office, 19750 Burt Rd., Detroit, MI 48219
Posting Date: September 21, 2021
Closing Date: Until filled
Start Date: Immediately
Email cover letter and resume to: Kiddada Green, KiddadaG@BMBFA.org
Use subject line: Program Associate
Under the direction of administration, the program associate is responsible for furthering the day-to-day tasks that advance the mission, goals and services of BMBFA. The program associate performs basic administrative duties such as answering phones and emails, electronic filing, data entry and managing schedules. The program associate also supports the coordination, operation and execution of the organization’s projects and programs.
Black Mothers Breastfeeding Association is a non-profit 501(c)3 community-based organization with strong ties to the Detroit community. BMBFA’s mission is to reduce racial inequities in breastfeeding support for Black families. BMBFA optimizes the first food experience through direct service training and advocacy.
NOTE: We strongly advise you to review our Annual Reports before applying. This will give you a good feel for our work. Annual Reports are available on our website.
Essential Job Performance Duties/Objectives
- To assist with office management and administrative duties.
- To assist with programmatic coordination, operation and execution.
- To assist with messaging and communications strategies.
- To assist with building and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders.
- To organize and coordinate agency meetings and calendars.
- And all other duties as assigned by the administration.
- Must have STRONG oral, writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have an active working knowledge of Google Drive (docs, calendar, sheets, forms)
- Experience using social media platforms for social change; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience using communications tools; Canva and Constant Contact
- Highly organized and self-motivated, able to take direction, and work autonomously and in team settings
Education and Experience
- Experience as a program associate or equivalent
- Minimum associates degree; relevant areas (liberal arts, administrative office management, non-profit management, general studies, business, healthcare education/administration, public health, social work, women’s studies, anthropology or similar)
- $18-$20 per hour
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Supportive supervision
- Flexible work schedule
- Mileage reimbursement
- Remote, in-office and in the field
Terms of Service
- minimum 2 year term
- 20 hours per week
- Bi-weekly pay made by direct deposit