Job Title: Program Associate (part-time)
Company: Black Mothers’ Breastfeeding Association (BMBFA)
Email resume to: Kiddada Green, KiddadaG@BMBFA.org
Use subject line: Program Associate
Closing Date (updated): January 17, 2020
Work Location: 19750 Burt Rd., Detroit, MI 48219
Under the direction of the executive director, the program associate is responsible for furthering the day-to-day tasks that advance the mission, goals and services of BMBFA. The program associate performs basic administrative duties such as answering phones and emails, electronic filing, data entry and managing schedules. Additionally, the program associate supports in the coordination, operation and execution of the organization’s projects and programs.
Essential Job Performance Duties/Objectives
- To assist with office management and administrative duties.
- To assist with programmatic coordination, operation and execution.
- To assist with messaging and communications strategies.
- To assist with building and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders.
- To organize and coordinate agency meetings and calendars.
- Must have STRONG oral, writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have an active working knowledge of Google Drive (docs, calendar, sheets, forms)
- Experience using social media platforms for social change; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience using communications tools; Canva and Constant Contact
- Highly organized and self-motivated, able to take direction, and work autonomously and in team settings
Education and Experience
- Experience as a program associate or equivalent
- Minimum associates degree; relevant areas (liberal arts, administrative office management, non-profit management, general studies, business, healthcare education/administration, public health, social work, women’s studies, anthropology or similar)
Terms of Service
- 2 year term
- Pay rate: $15-17 per hour
- 16-20 hours per week
- Bi-weekly pay made by direct deposit